The timber of Holz100 system is harvested when the sap levels in the trees are at its lowest; influenced by the gravitational pull of the moon cycle. A stable moisture content is achieved by allowing the timber to drain vertically and drying naturally for at least 1-4 years. This drying cycle builds a muscle memory in the cellulose fibres of the timbre, thereby producing lumber that is more stable and less prone to cracking and splintering over time. The result is a controlled indoor climate in Holz100 homes.
Holz100 is a breathable building system that is 100% sustainable. The core principle behind a Holz100 home is its cradle-to-cradle approach. The product is 100% pure solid wood, without chemical toxins or preservatives, and can be reused and recycled back into nature as compost and nutrients for future thriving trees. Holz100 harvests only moonwood, that are slowly dried naturally, allowing the trees to mature and stabilize with a low relative moisture content. Holz100 has a 50-year warranty against mold and condensation.
Do you have cabin fever? Never feel isolated again! Holz100 is an innovative breathable building system that brings nature indoors. Holz100 homes are 100% pure solid wood, free of chemicals and toxins. Without synthetic glues and paints, or dust from mineral wool, the building is able to breathe and acts as a natural filter. Holz100 is an eco-friendly product, and perfect for allergy sufferers.
The moisture content in your new hardwood flooring is as important as the building structure to prevent shrinkage and gaps once you’ve moved in. Holz100 is a sustainable, natural, sound-proof solution to building a wood home that is less prone to dryness overtime due to its natural slow drying process. The moisture content of a wood home built with the Holz100 system is 6-10%.
The Holz100 system is harvested from mature trees that have been naturally exposed to varying temperatures and weather conditions throughout its drying lifecycle. The drying process, therefore, instills in the wood a muscle memory. The slow and natural drying process enables the oxidation and depletion of sugars that otherwise would attract the growth of fungi, mold and insects. Build a sustainable wood home with Holz100.
Holz100 harvest trees at the right time and maximizes natural wood drying techniques to achieve quality timber with natural moisture protection.
Moisture content below 20%, protects the wood from fungi growth.
Moisture content below 8-12% deters insects from feeding on the wood.
A wood home built with Holz100 timber will have a moisture content of 6-10% and will be naturally protected from fungi and insects.
The secret is provided by nature: there is no building material that is so outstanding that it absorbs and at the same time stores and buffers so well. The Holz100 system acts like a natural air conditioner - it generates the best room climate, because it stores and insulates at the same time!
One then speaks of "barrack climate", as it may occur in lightweight structures. The untreated Holz100 system offers an ideal, natural balance of fluctuations in temperature and humidity.
Construction-assembly time: Punctuality and short construction time helps to save costs
Building moisture: ready for occupancy - no building moisture means no mold growth
Energy balance: energy-saving passive house values - your conscientious treatment of the environment
• "Trees for the soul: which wood strengthens me?", 2015 (co-author Julia Gruber)
• "Wooden Wonder: The Return of Trees to Our Lives", 2016
• "The Secret Language of Trees: And How Science Decrypts Them", 2012
• "The gentle medicine of trees: living healthy with old and new knowledge", 2014 (Co-author: Maximilian Moser)
• "I saw you growing: about the ancient and the new life with wood, forest and moon", 1996
• "... and you accompany me: how trees and forests benefit you", 1999
• "Solid Wood Houses: The Tree Principle for Near-Natural Living", 2008
To this day, Thoma has eight books authored which topics search as the health-promoting effect of the wood, mental messages various types of wood and the future of self-sufficient housing.
In 1996, Thoma collected his collected accounts of wood, forest and moon summarized in his first book "I saw you grow". The book is in seven Languages have appeared, including English, Japanese and Norwegian. It's over 100,000 Times sold and is today in the ninth edition.
More on the Subject:
Erwin Thoma is a sought-after pioneer and an expert in the field of knowledge and research.
• Thoma works with a worldwide network of carpentry planning and implementing Holz100.
• Holz100 became the only building system worldwide with the Cradle to Cradle certificate Gold awarded.
• Holz100 holds the world record in the thermal insulation of all static building materials. • Wooden houses are energy self-sufficient, they meet passive house standard without insulation and complicated building services.
Passive houses without insulation and complicated building technology built from natural wood was long considered a utopia. Today, such a house is available and affordable to everyone, thanks to the successful developments in the Thoma research center.
Thoma means energy self-sufficiency and the woodpecker in the forest shows us the way for the energy of the future: being surrounded by massive timber allows your home to be warm during winter and cool in the summer.
Erwin Thoma published with the medical professor Dr. Max Moser, the inventor of the health effects from wood to man, the book "Gentle Medicine of the Trees", Servus Publisher Erwin Thoma and Max Moser.
Other aspects such as the spiritual messages of different types of wood, expand the holistic handling of wood which flows into all of Thoma's products. It is always important to leave the wood as unadulterated and natural as possible.
Scientific investigations were hired to prove the effects - with amazing results. Reduced heartbeats, more restful sleep, increased concentration, as well as a strengthening of the immune system and the autonomic nervous system could be used for a wood environment was detected.
The Pillars of the Company Thoma
Thoma stands for a healthy living environment. The ideal to use wood and its health-promoting effect in the form of building materials accompanied Thoma since its founding in 1990.
- Holz100 is the first building material to be produced using solar energy.
- Thoma operates the world's first and largest moonwood sawmill as well as a saw casting plant.
- The Neo Ark in Kitzbuhel. From Holz100 the first large office (6,600 sq.m.) was built entirely of wood in which the heating and cooling costs are zero Euros.
- The Forsthofalm in Leogang: Holz100 became the first seven-storey wooden hotel with a pool built on the roof.