Looking to build a laneway house to rent? With Holz100 Canada, we can help you build faster so you can rent out the laneway house sooner! Holz100 is a solid wood system pre-designed to suite your needs so you don't have to ask questions later. Design and planning with other trades, such as plumbing, electrical, heating is taken care of before the Holz100 system is manufactured. Holz100 system is a sustainable product that comes to site ready to be put together. There are no questions; except for maybe what chair I want to sit in and how I want my coffee.
Not sure if you want to invest in building a laneway house on your property? Holz100 can make your decision easier. Building a laneway suite with Holz100 allows you the flexibility to move the home and relocate if you ever decide to move. A Holz100 home is an investment that can move with you! A Holz100 system can be constructed onsite within a few days and completed within a few months, compared to a conventional wood frame home that can take weeks to a month to erect and can take up to a year or even longer to finish. Holz100 is the sustainable choice!
The timber of Holz100 system is harvested when the sap levels in the trees are at its lowest; influenced by the gravitational pull of the moon cycle. A stable moisture content is achieved by allowing the timber to drain vertically and drying naturally for at least 1-4 years. This drying cycle builds a muscle memory in the cellulose fibres of the timbre, thereby producing lumber that is more stable and less prone to cracking and splintering over time. The result is a controlled indoor climate in Holz100 homes.
Holz100 is a breathable building system that is 100% sustainable. The core principle behind a Holz100 home is its cradle-to-cradle approach. The product is 100% pure solid wood, without chemical toxins or preservatives, and can be reused and recycled back into nature as compost and nutrients for future thriving trees. Holz100 harvests only moonwood, that are slowly dried naturally, allowing the trees to mature and stabilize with a low relative moisture content. Holz100 has a 50-year warranty against mold and condensation.
Do you have cabin fever? Never feel isolated again! Holz100 is an innovative breathable building system that brings nature indoors. Holz100 homes are 100% pure solid wood, free of chemicals and toxins. Without synthetic glues and paints, or dust from mineral wool, the building is able to breathe and acts as a natural filter. Holz100 is an eco-friendly product, and perfect for allergy sufferers.
The moisture content in your new hardwood flooring is as important as the building structure to prevent shrinkage and gaps once you’ve moved in. Holz100 is a sustainable, natural, sound-proof solution to building a wood home that is less prone to dryness overtime due to its natural slow drying process. The moisture content of a wood home built with the Holz100 system is 6-10%.
The Holz100 system is harvested from mature trees that have been naturally exposed to varying temperatures and weather conditions throughout its drying lifecycle. The drying process, therefore, instills in the wood a muscle memory. The slow and natural drying process enables the oxidation and depletion of sugars that otherwise would attract the growth of fungi, mold and insects. Build a sustainable wood home with Holz100.
Holz100 harvest trees at the right time and maximizes natural wood drying techniques to achieve quality timber with natural moisture protection.
Moisture content below 20%, protects the wood from fungi growth.
Moisture content below 8-12% deters insects from feeding on the wood.
A wood home built with Holz100 timber will have a moisture content of 6-10% and will be naturally protected from fungi and insects.
A Holz100 home can be built in any architectural and interior design possible inside and out - We make everything possible. DESIGN IS LIMITED ONLY BY YOUR IMAGINATION! A prefabricated home built of CLT without glues, chemicals or toxins offers endless possibilities.
Five locations - one philosophy. From the first research center for natural wood processing, through Europe's largest moon wood sawmill, to the self-sufficient Holz100 plants, which are only operated with solar power. The company Thoma has the entire raw material chain of their products in their own hands and can guarantee an environmentally friendly production.
From the polar circle to the Mediterranean, from Tokyo to San Francisco; urban passive houses, cottages, high end villas, schools, kindergartens, hotels, offices, health spas, senior homes, and medical buildings become cozy and warm with only a couple of logs on the fire even when it's minus 40°C outside.
The use of dowels as connectors allows a large, solid whole to be created out of individual parts. This product is designed to be an integrated and durable element created without the use of glues and metals.
Security is the answer to many questions.
Thermal insulation: Lowest possible operating costs by world record for thermal insulation values
Sound insulation: Find peace through the best sound insulation
• "Trees for the soul: which wood strengthens me?", 2015 (co-author Julia Gruber)
• "Wooden Wonder: The Return of Trees to Our Lives", 2016
• "The Secret Language of Trees: And How Science Decrypts Them", 2012
• "The gentle medicine of trees: living healthy with old and new knowledge", 2014 (Co-author: Maximilian Moser)
• "I saw you growing: about the ancient and the new life with wood, forest and moon", 1996
• "... and you accompany me: how trees and forests benefit you", 1999
• "Solid Wood Houses: The Tree Principle for Near-Natural Living", 2008
To this day, Thoma has eight books authored which topics search as the health-promoting effect of the wood, mental messages various types of wood and the future of self-sufficient housing.
In 1996, Thoma collected his collected accounts of wood, forest and moon summarized in his first book "I saw you grow". The book is in seven Languages have appeared, including English, Japanese and Norwegian. It's over 100,000 Times sold and is today in the ninth edition.
More on the Subject:
Erwin Thoma is a sought-after pioneer and an expert in the field of knowledge and research.
• Thoma works with a worldwide network of carpentry planning and implementing Holz100.
• Holz100 became the only building system worldwide with the Cradle to Cradle certificate Gold awarded.
• Holz100 stores CO2 in the building fabric. It can be built climate neutral and be recycled without residue. Holz100 is the building material for the post-fossil age.
• Holz100 houses are built in factories that are powered by solar energy and at production has a positive energy balance.
• Holz100 holds the world record in the thermal insulation of all static building materials. • Wooden houses are energy self-sufficient, they meet passive house standard without insulation and complicated building services.
• Holz100 combines the sense of security of old wooden houses with the requirements modern building physics. The health-promoting effect of wood is the book "The gentle medicine of the trees" by Maximilian Moser and Erwin Thoma.
• Up to eleven-story buildings have already been realized.
• Holz100 meets all construction standards and has the European Technical Approval.
Passive houses without insulation and complicated building technology built from natural wood was long considered a utopia. Today, such a house is available and affordable to everyone, thanks to the successful developments in the Thoma research center.