The secret is provided by nature: there is no building material that is so outstanding that it absorbs and at the same time stores and buffers so well. The Holz100 system acts like a natural air conditioner - it generates the best room climate, because it stores and insulates at the same time!
One then speaks of "barrack climate", as it may occur in lightweight structures. The untreated Holz100 system offers an ideal, natural balance of fluctuations in temperature and humidity.
Construction-assembly time: Punctuality and short construction time helps to save costs
Building moisture: ready for occupancy - no building moisture means no mold growth
Energy balance: energy-saving passive house values - your conscientious treatment of the environment
• "Trees for the soul: which wood strengthens me?", 2015 (co-author Julia Gruber)
• "Wooden Wonder: The Return of Trees to Our Lives", 2016
• "The Secret Language of Trees: And How Science Decrypts Them", 2012
• "The gentle medicine of trees: living healthy with old and new knowledge", 2014 (Co-author: Maximilian Moser)
• "I saw you growing: about the ancient and the new life with wood, forest and moon", 1996
• "... and you accompany me: how trees and forests benefit you", 1999
• "Solid Wood Houses: The Tree Principle for Near-Natural Living", 2008
To this day, Thoma has eight books authored which topics search as the health-promoting effect of the wood, mental messages various types of wood and the future of self-sufficient housing.
In 1996, Thoma collected his collected accounts of wood, forest and moon summarized in his first book "I saw you grow". The book is in seven Languages have appeared, including English, Japanese and Norwegian. It's over 100,000 Times sold and is today in the ninth edition.
More on the Subject:
Erwin Thoma is a sought-after pioneer and an expert in the field of knowledge and research.
• Thoma works with a worldwide network of carpentry planning and implementing Holz100.
• Holz100 became the only building system worldwide with the Cradle to Cradle certificate Gold awarded.
• Holz100 holds the world record in the thermal insulation of all static building materials. • Wooden houses are energy self-sufficient, they meet passive house standard without insulation and complicated building services.
Passive houses without insulation and complicated building technology built from natural wood was long considered a utopia. Today, such a house is available and affordable to everyone, thanks to the successful developments in the Thoma research center.
Thoma means energy self-sufficiency and the woodpecker in the forest shows us the way for the energy of the future: being surrounded by massive timber allows your home to be warm during winter and cool in the summer.
Erwin Thoma published with the medical professor Dr. Max Moser, the inventor of the health effects from wood to man, the book "Gentle Medicine of the Trees", Servus Publisher Erwin Thoma and Max Moser.
Other aspects such as the spiritual messages of different types of wood, expand the holistic handling of wood which flows into all of Thoma's products. It is always important to leave the wood as unadulterated and natural as possible.
Scientific investigations were hired to prove the effects - with amazing results. Reduced heartbeats, more restful sleep, increased concentration, as well as a strengthening of the immune system and the autonomic nervous system could be used for a wood environment was detected.
The Pillars of the Company Thoma
Thoma stands for a healthy living environment. The ideal to use wood and its health-promoting effect in the form of building materials accompanied Thoma since its founding in 1990.
- Holz100 is the first building material to be produced using solar energy.
- Thoma operates the world's first and largest moonwood sawmill as well as a saw casting plant.
- The Neo Ark in Kitzbuhel. From Holz100 the first large office (6,600 sq.m.) was built entirely of wood in which the heating and cooling costs are zero Euros.
- The Forsthofalm in Leogang: Holz100 became the first seven-storey wooden hotel with a pool built on the roof.
• Holz100 is the world's quietest wooden hotel. The Waldklause in Längenfeld.
• Holz100 became the first five-storey without insulation and heating technology made of wood. The residential and commercial building of N11 Architekten, Switzerland.
In light timber frame constructions the walls and floors are typically encased in non-combustible gypsum plasterboard to provide protection from fire. This provides the same level of fire resistance as a completely non-combustible material.
An additional benefit to heavy timber is the ease of repair after a fire. The charred sections can visually be assessed and evaluated for residual capacity, and the damaged timber can then be cut away and replaced. This is in contrast to steel, which buckles under extreme heat.
Charring creates a protective layer that acts as insulation and delays the onset of heating for the cold layer below. With continued exposure to fire the char layer grows, increasing the insulation and slowing down the burning rate, providing greater time for escape or intervention.
Heavy timber constructions have an inherent level of fire resistance. This resistance increases with the thickness of the wooden elements because when timber is exposed to fire the outer layer burns and turns to char.
Engineers and fire researchers today have a significant body of knowledge of how timber constructions perform in fire. The structural stability of timber is well understood and importantly it is predictable, allowing timber constructions to be created that meet the same fire safety codes as steel and concrete buildings.
Holz100 Canada Inc.