• "Trees for the soul: which wood strengthens me?", 2015 (co-author Julia Gruber)
• "Wooden Wonder: The Return of Trees to Our Lives", 2016
• Holz100 stores CO2 in the building fabric. It can be built climate neutral and be recycled without residue. Holz100 is the building material for the post-fossil age.
• Holz100 houses are built in factories that are powered by solar energy and at production has a positive energy balance.
• Holz100 combines the sense of security of old wooden houses with the requirements modern building physics. The health-promoting effect of wood is the book "The gentle medicine of the trees" by Maximilian Moser and Erwin Thoma.
• Up to eleven-story buildings have already been realized.
• Holz100 meets all construction standards and has the European Technical Approval.
All timber and paper products derived from forests that have been certified are permitted to carry the registered trademark of that specific scheme. FSC, AFS and PEFC logos displayed of products made from timber and paper products derived from certified forests.
These systems set principles and criteria for the management of forests and timber, and certification is only granted after an assessment by an independent third party. These schemes all set different standards on forest certification and chain of custody certification.
This highlights the need to convey to the Australian public how certification works and what to look for when buying wood. There are three main certification systems in Australia, the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), the Australian Forestry Standard (AFS) and the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
The results of the Planet Ark survey found that only one out of three people (35%) thought that it was relatively easy to find certified wood, and that only one out of five people (18%) said they trusted the current forest and wood certification systems.
Without certification is can be difficult or impossible to know whether wood was taken illegally or from high conservation value forests. Despite its importance there is a high level of confusion regarding certified wood.
Be Certain It’s Certified
Certification ensures that the wood comes from legally harvested and well-managed forests and plantations. Certified forests are managed with environmental, social and economic factors as a priority, and ensure that when a tree is harvested another one is planted in its place.
Holz100 Canada Inc.